OpenBOM Bills of Material support formula calculations and roll-up and totals.
To create extended costs and rollup cost:
- Open your BOM in OpenBOM
- switch to single-level BOM in top-level assembly (BOM)
- check [x] display totals (if it is not switched to see rollup lines on the bottom)
- RMB->Edit formula in the property you want to rollup
- When the dialog appears, define the formula (eg. Total Cost = Quantity * Unit Cost). Note by default, formula will apply to all rows. if you add a row you MUST define the formula for the property in the new row, formulas don’t (yet) automatically add.
- Check [x] multi-level rollup and select what property is used for quantity (eg. Quantity)
- Select “Enable Rollup Totals” from the menu next to property name
- Switch to Multi-level BOM view and refresh browser – values should be re-calculated.
Note- property you want to rollup must be present in all sub-levels.
A brief video describes the steps above is here
The following blog post has additional information and links to videos