An OpenBOM Team Admin manages and controls who gains access to OpenBOM within a Team or organization. Access is not limited to internal, i.e., company, team members. Team members can include contract manufacturers, suppliers, among others. Moreover, Team Admins can enable automatic BOM sharing among team members making it possible for everyone on the team to access each others BOMs. This makes it easy for everyone on the team to have access to the information they need.
As Team Admin, you’ll be able to:
- Add new team members to OpenBOM. You can add team members from within your organization as well as external team members such as contract manufacturers, suppliers, and contractors;
- You can decide when a new member is added to the team if BOMs they create will be automatically shared with other members of the team;
- You can add an unlimited number of team members to the team, i.e., there is no limit to the number people you add to your team; and
- A member’s access to OpenBOM can be toggled between enabled and disabled. When disabled, a member will not be able to login into OpenBOM. For example, you can periodically give access to a Supplier or contractor.
Note: Team Admin requires a paid Team Subscription. Register now for a Team Subscription if you or your organization would like take advantage of the features only available to Team Admins.
(1) Once registered and logged in with the Team Subscription to OpenBOM, access the Team admin Dashboard by clicking “Team” in Administration.
Click the green “+” button to add a new user.
(2) Enter the information requested. Check “Existing user” if the email entered already belongs to a registered OpenBOM user. Check “Team Sharing” if you want automatic sharing of all the BOMs created by team members.
NOTE: Make sure Team Sharing option is clicked BEFORE you save entry if you want to enable automatic BOM sharing. Click “Save” when done. The new user will receive an email with a verification link. They need to click the verification link otherwise they will not be able to log in. And you’ll need to provide them with the password you assigned them.
Note: The “Invite to OpenBOM” button on the top right-hand side of the app (next to the username) is not intended to invite Team members to register to use OpenBOM. It is intended to invite others outside the Team to register to use OpenBOM.
More details regarding Team Sharing of BOMs
Any BOM in OpenBOM can easily be shared with other registered OpenBOM users by clicking the “Share” command and using their email. With the Free subscription, the act of sharing a BOM requires you to actually do so each time you wish to share a BOM. With the Team subscription, members automatically share BOMs with other OpenBOM users in the team. They do not need to “Share” a BOM each time it is created.
Note: With the exception of BOMs created by the Team Admin, everyone with “Team Sharing” capabilities will have access each others BOM. BOMs created by the Team Admin will not be automatically shared with others in the team, i.e., Team Sharing doesn’t work for Team Admin. The Team Admin must deliberately share a BOM with others.
The following video provides more details of how Team Admin works: