- Assigning an inventory of parts to a BOM is fast and easy. Click the “Set Catalog” button in a BOM
- A dialogue box will appear on the far right of the BOM. Use it to select from the available list of Inventories either you created or are shared with you.
- You can select more than one inventory
- Once at least one inventory is selected, click “Use only Inventory Part Numbers” if you would like to ensure no other Part Numbers can be used in the BOM other than those selected.
- Note: Changes made to an assigned inventory are automatically reflected in the BOM. This ensures your BOM is always in sync with the assigned inventories. So for example, if a value of an item, e.g. QTY Available, changes in the inventory list, it will automatically be reflected in the BOM.
Here’s a tutorial video that describes the process: