This section will guide you through completion of the Inventor plug-in setup.
The OpenBOM plug-in connects your Inventor desktop installation to OpenBOM’s powerful cloud application through the use of an Inventor plug-in. The installation and setup of the plug-in is described below. Be aware, that you will need an OpenBOM user account (Free) before you can create OpenBOMs in Inventor (see step 2 below).
- If you haven’t already done so install the plug-in:
- open a browser and go to the OpenBOM download page in the Inventor App Store. Here.
- Click Download to download the installer to your PC
- Run the file you just downloaded (.MSI) and follow the prompts.
- Next, Click here to create an OpenBOM account. OpenBOM will open in your browser window, ignore for now and continue to next step…..
- Next, Launch Inventor, open a design and click the Inventor Assembly tab
- Ensure that you can see OpenBOM menu icons at the right of the menubar
- If you do not see the OpenBOM toolbar icons then go to Tools->Addins
- Look for Inventor OpenBOM Extractor and uncheck the block flag
- Click OK
- Watch this video for more details on how to fix a missing OpenBOM toolbar <need video>
- Next, click Settings and key-in the EXACT username email and password created in Step 2 above. Apply the changes.
- Finally click one of the BOM type options the click “Create / Export BOM” to create your first OpenBOM!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report any problems. You will receive a prompt response.
Watch this short video to get you started using OpenBOM for Inventor.
Sample settings dialog with proper User name and password filled in.