Integrating Autodesk® Fusion 360™ with openBoM (no plug-in method)
There are two steps you’ll need to go through to integrate openBoM with Fusion 360:
- Connecting to Autodesk 360™; and
- Extracting a BOM.
Note(1): Make sure Fusion 360 is installed on your PC or MAC before you try connecting it to openBoM. Note (2): openBoM is an official Forge API Platform Autodesk Partner.
Connecting to Autodesk 360
- In the openBoM Dashboard, click the “Tools” toolbar and choose “Integrations“.
- Find “Autodesk Fusion 360 (A360™)” and click the link beneath it, “connect to Autodesk Fusion 360 account“.
- You will be automatically navigated to the Autodesk 360 sign-in page. Sign in and enter your A360 password.
Extracting a BOM from Browser
- Back in the openBoM Dashboard, click the “Tools” toolbar and this time click ” “Import from Fusion 360“.
- When the “Import BOM from Fusion 360” modal window appears, choose the Fusion 360 model you wish to import a BOM from. When done, check “Parts Only” if you wish to include only parts. Otherwise, assemblies will also be included in the BOM. Click “Import” when ready.
- Your BOM will appear automatically in openBoM and is ready for work..
Extracting a BOM from Fusion 360 (Windows)
- Install the Fusion 360 plugin for Windows:
- Within your desired Fusion 360 design find the openBoM tool and click Configuration.
- Enter your openBoM username and password (the email and password you used to register to openBoM). Note: The openBoM URL should be automatically filled-in.
- Click Export BOM in the openBoM tool in Fusion 360.
- Once extracted, click the link in the pop-up modal. Doing so will take you directly to the exported BOM in openBoM.
- You are now ready to work on your Fusion 360 BOM in openBoM.