Follow the following steps to setup and register to use the openBoM integrated app for Onshape. You only have to go through these steps once, when you first signup for using openBoM in Onshape.
Note: (1) You must first register with openBoM before you can start using openBoM with Onshape. This will require an openBoM login and email separate from what you use for Onshape. (2) Scroll down to see videos.
- Locate the openBoM integrated app in the “Document Management” section of the Onshape app store.
- Subscribe to the app by clicking the “Subscribe” button.
- Follow the prompts, e.g. click “Get for Free” and confirm your Onshape password.
- Once you have successfully subscribed to the openBoM you can begin creating an openBoM BOM. Note: you will first need to register to openBoM (see below).
- Register to openBoM by entering the prompted information.
- Once you accept terms of service and click”Create Account” you will receive a verification email with a link. Look for it in your email inbox or spam folder. Here’s how that process should work.
- Once you have logged into openBoM, you will be asked to authorize the openBoM app. Click “Authorize application” and you are ready to create a BOM in Onshape using openBoM.
Watch these videos to learn more
Transparent login (Onshape remembers the last openBoM account login you used):
Register to openBoM:
Installing the openBoM integrated app:
Switching openBoM accounts:
More information and topics are available on the content page.