There are several ways you can create a new BOM in OpenBOM.
- Create a new BOM from scratch.
- In the OpenBOM Dashboard, click “Create” and choose “New BOM” from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted, assign the BOM a Part Number (optional), a Name (mandatory), and select an available BOM template from the drop-down menu (pointed out by arrow). Click “Create BOM”:
- Import a BOM spreadsheet.
- You can import an Excel spreadsheet BOM into OpenBOM. Prior to importing, the Excel requires some minor formatting. All BOM information must start in row six.
- Details on how to import an Excel spreadsheet BOM can be found, here.
- Imported from a supported CAD system. Find basic instructions for installing a CAD plug-in, here.
- Autodesk Inventor (requires installation of a plug-in)
- Autocad Fusion 360 (requires an A360 account)
- DS SOLIDWORKS (requires installation of a plug-in)
- Siemens Solid Edge (requires installation of a plug-in)
- Altium (requires installation of a plug-in)
- Generated by an integrated App.
- Other CAD systems will be added soon.
What this video to see how a BOM is created from scratch: